Benefits and Best Practices of using Flexitank Containers
Both Flexitanks and Isotanks are good and reliable options for transporting liquids. Isotanks are a better option for hazardous liquids, however, Flexitanks have been a game changer for the non-hazardous liquid industry as they have made it possible to ship more efficiently, at a lower cost, and with less environmental impact.
Flexitanks offer a versatile and cost-effective solution for bulk liquid transportation to international destinations. With a capacity of up to 24,000 liters, these multi-layered bags are easy to load onto standard 20" containers and can hold up to 24 tonnes. They are designed for one-time use, ensuring no contamination or cargo to worry about. Using Flexitanks for bulk liquid transport offers several benefits, such as faster loading and unloading, cost-effective transportation, and maximum payload due to the low weight of the equipment.
Flexitanks are ideal for non-hazardous, harmless commodities like water, juice, concentrates, and other safe liquids, making them perfect for land and sea shipments to destinations abroad. However, it is crucial to ensure you stay within the maximum weight limits and not overload the tanks to prevent leaks and optimize your loads. Additionally, it's essential to check which items are permitted in the country where you are shipping liquid. But don’t worry, we will help you with that.
Partnering with a company like Bertling Bulk Liquids can provide all the logistical support needed, including communication, transport, and handling of all paperwork and particulars, ensuring peace of mind. With Flexitanks, you can easily apply identification labels for shipping officials, saving time and money while complying with bulk liquid shipping criteria.
Advantages of using Flexitanks
Here are some more advantages of using Flexitanks, better alternatives to drums, barrels, and ISO units.
- Faster loading and unloading saves your team crucial time.
- Cost-effective bulk liquid transportation than other units like IBCs, drums, and barrels. Flexitanks help you save money on packaging costs.
- Designed for one-time use, meaning that you don't have to worry about contamination from previous cargo.
- Maximize your payload due to the low weight of the equipment.
- Perfect for land and sea shipments to destinations abroad.
- It can also be used on the rail if needed for domestic or inland bulk liquid transportation.
- Flexitanks should not be reused, so there are never any cleaning costs to worry about.
- Flexitanks are not for hazardous goods, we suggest Isotanks for those cargoes. We got you covered for that also!