Transport designs that get the job done
One of Bertling's specialties is using its in-house teams of Naval Architects, Ship Builders and Transportation Engineers to design project-specific solutions to lower supply chain costs, increase safety and foster local content. Each project has full access to Bertling's in-house UK based transportation engineering department.
An extract of Bertling's design innovations:
- In-house design, construction supervision and operation of a general cargo vessel for semi-liner trade. This vessel is currently under operation.
- In-house design, construction and operation of a heavy lift ramp for off-loading heavy project cargo from barges in the Amazon River. The ramp is completely modular and can be adjusted in height hydraulically to accommodate varying river levels. The ramp is currently under operation.
- In-house design, construction and operation of semi-automatic lifting spreaders for vessel discharging and loading operations. The spreaders are currently in use.
- In-house design, construction and operation of a 36m long rail "e-frame" used to transport pressure vessels by rail from Aktau to Tengiz in Kazakhstan up to 52m long and 444Te each. The frame was required to transport a variety of items with differing lengths and support locations on the fixed 31.38m 2-point support requirement of a 32 axle rail wagon with turntables.
- In-house design, construction and operation of offshore barges and evacuation ramps used for the oil spill response for offshore drilling operation.
- In-house design, manufacture and supply of lifting tackle sets for a series of turbine-driven compressor and generator skids for the offshore industry up to 208Te lift weight.
- In-house design, construction and operation of two skeletal end-suspension frames to allow a gas turbine and generator to be transported in Schnabel rail wagons across Russia to a power plant that is inaccessible by road.
This could also be of interest to you - check this out
Bertling develops bespoke solutions for all kinds of projects. Look and see by checking out Bertling's proven track record.
More about Bertling's case studies
Bertling ensures that movement of clients' goods is managed without damage to the environment, staff and cargo.
More about HSSE
Bertling is committed to conduct its business in an ethical manner, in accordance with the corporate values and principles.
Bertling North America operates two modern 16-axle railcars with a total carrying capacity of 835,000 lbs. Interested?
Find out more...