Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Bertling's health and safety mantra is 'Forward Safely'
Bertling's health, safety, security and environmental policies have been framed by in-house, experienced, qualified specialists to ensure that movement of clients' goods is managed without damage to the environment; without hazard to personnel and without risk to the cargo.
Bertling's HSSE targets are...
- zero major incidents
- to fulfil all relevant national and international legislative requirements
- not to damage and, where possible, to improve the environment
- to encourage the development of a safety culture amongst the personnel and contractors
- safety of goods in transit by compliance with the C-TPAT and AEO programmes
- to provide training to our personnel and, where appropriate, our contractors.
Bertling's training methods...
- establish common standards worldwide by using smart e-learning tools
- utilise established examination bodies with internationally recognised certification
- are progressive and related to seniority and role
- are constantly reviewed and updated to follow industry best practice
- combine 'in-house' tuition with external e-learning and 'taught' courses
- are offered to Bertling's contractors.
Bertling's HSSE planning...
- extends from collection to delivery
- examines HSSE hazards and risks from project conception to completion
- ensures legislative compliance at all points en route
- reduces the consequences of hazards and risk to as low as reasonably practicable
- identifies local companies that can be contracted or partnered to maximise local involvement
- includes consultation with local communities to minimise any disruption to their environment and maximise any legacy benefits
- is regularly revised as threat assessments change
Contact Bertling's corporate HSSE department in London
This could also be of interest to you - check this out
Contact Mike Hetherington, Technical Director & Global Head of HSSE, based in Middlesbrough.
Download Mike Hetherington's vCard
Bertling is registered to
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- and OHSAS 18001.
Moreover Bertling is a BSC member and a BSC Registered Training Center.
Corporate HSSE Policies
- British Safety Council
- Int'l Institute for R&S Management
- Institute of Occupational S&H