Deadline for Applications: 31 January 2022
The Group Air Freight Manager will take the lead on the commercial and operational air freight projects for import and export at Bertling Logistics and will work closely with our corporate tender/pricing team to design scalable solutions and pricing strategies to grow the department and its overall competitiveness.
Moreover, the Group Air Freight Manager will deliver operational excellence in global air freight operations while optimizing costs, enhancing operational capabilities, and implementing high-quality processes – all in line with industry and national regimes.
This important function will also involve business development regarding carrier/supplier procurement, an overall close collaboration with carriers and suppliers and leadership on the procurement efforts.
MAIN DUTIES AND TASKS
- Leadership in the overall management of air freight export and import operations in close collaboration with our global offices
- Develop, implement, and continuously enhance air freight forwarding operational procedures for high-quality air freight shipment/process management and cost-efficient processes
- Develop air freight pricing strategies for competitive RFQs and RFQ preparation
- Lead the negotiation of rates and contractual terms with air carriers and suppliers
- Lead the global air freight procurement strategy and carrier relationship management
- Collaborate with sales and tendering teams to secure global air freight transports
- Build and maintain long-term relations with clients, airlines, suppliers, and terminals
- Oversee compliance with TSA, Customs, laws, and regulations for importing and exporting
- Identify growth opportunities and sales attempts to grow the client portfolio
- Monitor interfaces and information /knowledge exchange between teams, sales and customers
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule based on operational requirements
- Be the go-to person for global air freight customer service
- Provide market intelligence and know-how both internally and externally
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an air freight supervisory, pricing or air freight logistics position
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or supply chain management
- Strong knowledge of command of documentation, procedures, and rules for air cargo transportation
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and strong focus on corporate standards and systems
- A true passion for customer service; you enjoy delivering your best to clients
Are you up for the challenge? Send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of your experience and why you should be considered for this position.