Accounting Coordinator for Bertling in Houston
Bertling Logistics in Houston is looking for an outstanding individual to fill this position.
Deadline for Applications: 31 May 2019 | Vacancy ID 1852
The successful applicant will be involved with:
- Raise all customer invoices and send, mostly via email.
- Apply cash receipts to open invoices in system.
- Enter carrier invoices in Trucking system
- Determine weekly payment run and communicate with Finance Department
- Follow up with carriers for paperwork not received for orders over 2 weeks old.
- Check carriers’ websites, i.e. FedEx, Worldwide, to get signed PODs.
- Prepare monthly Profit Analysis for reporting to Finance Department.
- Prepare monthly commissions report.
- Prepare 1099 reports at year-end.
- Coordinate and communicate daily with Finance Department on Trucking-related matters.
- Support the annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal controls.
The successful applicant will have/be:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in invoicing and/or accounts payable.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of accounts receivable and payable principles, procedures and standards.
- Working understanding of accounting principles including balance sheets and income statements.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and experience with databases.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task.
- Local applicants only.